Village Pediatrics will be sponsoring a child through Orange County Dept of Social Services. This is our opportunity to make a difference in the holiday season and help a child with her/his wish. If you would like to help, bring an age appropriate item unwrapped to the office. We will have more information soon.
Birthing with Confidence
Chapel Hill OBGYN
Class Locations: 2009 E. Carver St., Durham, NC27704
New Therapists in the Community
I am a bilingual family therapist and have started my own private practice in Chapel Hill. I will be open to seeing children, adults, couples and families on a sliding scale. I am experienced in cognitive behavioral therapy for the treatment of (but not limited to) depression, anxiety, grief, addiction, and trauma. I will be seeing clients on Fridays at 1828 East Franklin Street #900B, Chapel Hill NC 27514
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Rachael Davies-Ludlow, MSW LCSW LCAS-A
If your child is 11 – 18 you have probably been blissfully free from bringing them to vaccination appointments for years now. Well, it’s time to think about boosters again. Tetanus, Diptheria, pertussis, meningitis, hepatitis B, varicella, measles, mumps, rubella, and human papillomavirus are all diseases that your child may now be at greater risk for if his or her vaccinations are not up to date. Check out the CDC’s recommendations, call us if you have questions, and schedule your child’s physical so we can update any vaccines that are needed.
It’s easy to leave things behind at the pediatrician’s office, so we’re starting a “lost and found” on our web page! We try to keep everything that we find, so please check below to see if one of your child’s belongings is waiting to go home.
Once in a while, we take all of our unclaimed items to the thrift store, so we’ll keep this list as up to date as possible.
1. An over-the-counter cough and cold preparations are not effective and they are not safe in children under 6 years old.
2. The following simple remedies can be very helpful:
- Humidifier for the bedroom
- Vick’s Rub – Apply to the feet and put on socks!
- Homemade Cough Syrup: 2-3 ounces of warm water or decaf tea mixed with one tablespoon of honey. Give one teaspoon of the mixture as needed. Honey has no side effects but is ONLY for children 12 months and older.
- Saline spray or rinse, or Neti Pot for the nose and sinuses
- Warm shower
3. Coughs that should be evaluated:
- Dry, repetitive, irritating
- Coughs with fever >101
- Coughs without nasal congestion
4. Your physician may recommend a prescription strength cough/cold medication if your child is over 3 years old – Use exactly as prescribed and do not combine with any other cough/cold products
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.